Position: Director of Nursing – Providence ASC
Location: Fall River, MA
Reports: Practice Director/Medical Director
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director will make sure that the ASC is run in a professional and efficient manner at all times and that all requirements regarding patient safety, infection control and compassionate patient care are met. While the Director will operate under the guidance of the Medical Director or Staff Physician he or she will be expected to perform duties independently and as necessary for the operational effectiveness of the ASC. The Director must be sure that the ASC obtains and maintains Quad A accreditation. Since this is a Medicare deemed ASC the Director will be responsible for making sure the ASC is compliant with Medicare regulations which includes being present during Medicare surveys.
The Director is responsible for overseeing the ASC which includes its leadership, clinical and operational personnel that perform clinical services and patient care. The director functions as a leader who guides the department with clinical protocols, department policy, regulatory guidelines, and EMR workflow.
- Direct and supervise ASC personnel. Responsible for the orientation and training of all personnel. Approve bi-weekly payroll and approve scheduled time off.
- Make final decision on employee hiring, performance evaluations, merit increases, promotion, separation, transfer, discipline and other similar personnel action recommendations. Counsel assigned employees as needed. Resolve employee grievances and disciplinary problems within scope of own position responsibilities.
- Assure that all services operate within established budgetary guidelines. Participate in preparation of the annual budget for the department with the CFO and Practice Director. Review monthly financials.
- Make effective recommendations to the Medical Director regarding new equipment, programs, services etc.
- Participate in researching, developing and promoting of various new services including a business plan for market expansion and planning.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining programs involving patient care and equipment maintenance as required by local, state and federal regulatory agencies, while being responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement within the department..
- Assume responsibility for performing a wide variety of duties pertaining to the selection of vendors, negotiating pricing, establishing standards and inventory levels, receiving items, troubleshooting with vendors, oversee the inventory management software program, approving invoices for payment, etc.
- Monitor workload including review of productivity standards and bench marking standards.
- Work in close cooperation with the Medical Director and Practice Director in taking necessary measures in response to changes in workload.
- Develop, implement, and maintain positive working relationships and appropriate interactions with Physicians, various external agencies and personnel, various community organizations and services within the community in identifying and addressing various issues including but NOT limited to: quality of services provided, employee performance, community needs, scope of services, etc.
- Will perform the duties as a staff nurse in the ASC and the Fall River Angio Suite as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The qualified candidate for this position has 5 years’ experience in managing an ASC. Their business and clinical qualifications and skills include experience creating workflow designs, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications used for technical/business presentation, managing proficiency, equipment maintenance, training and analyzing data.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
- Must have both a Rhode Island and Massachusetts Nursing license.
- Must be ACLS certified.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.