Aamir Ahmad, MD
Please take a moment and let us know how your experience was.REVIEW US
Meet Aamir Ahmad, MD
Dr. Aamir Ahmad is a Board-certified radiologist who serves as Prima CARE’s Division Chief of Diagnostic Radiology. He earned his M.B.B.S. (Doctorate in Medicine) from Aga Khan University Medical College in 2005. He was a Resident in Internal Medicine and then a Resident in Diagnostic Radiology, both at the University of Louisville, followed by a Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas.
Dr. Ahmad was a Division Chief at XRA Medical Imaging in Providence for eight years prior to assuming a similar role at Prima CARE in 2022. He has held several committee positions at South County and Kent Hospitals in Rhode Island and was a Clinical Educator and Instructor or Biological Sciences at Brown Alpert School of Medicine in Providence. Prior to his radiology training, he performed medical research at Harvard and the Massachusetts General Hospital and at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago.
Dr. Ahmad is Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology and is skilled in all aspects of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, including mammography, CT, MRI, vascular interventions, ultrasound-guided biopsies, and drainage procedures.
- Aga Khan University Medical College, Karachi, PakistanBachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.), Medicine and Surgery2000 - 2005
- Internal Medicine ResidencyUniversity of Louisville (Louisville, Kentucky)2007 - 2009
- Diagnostic Radiology ResidencyUniversity of Louisville (Louisville, Kentucky)2009 - 2013
- Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional RadiologyUniversity of Texas Southwestern (Dallas, Texas)2013 - 2014
- Division Chief, Interventional and Diagnostic RadiologyXRA Medical Imaging, Providence, RI2014 - 2022
- RadiologyAmerican Board of Radiology2013
- Saint Anne's Hospital
- South County and Kent Hospitals (Wakefield, RI) 2014 - 2022
- Clinical Educator, Instructor in Biological SciencesBrown Alpert School of Medicine, Providence, RI
- Best Graduate Award, Department of RadiologyUniversity of Louisville2013
Thank you for subscribing!
You will receive important news and updates from our practice directly to your inbox.