Matthew Brown, NP
Please take a moment and let us know how your experience was.REVIEW US
Meet Matthew Brown, NP
Matthew Brown is an experienced Nurse Practitioner at Prima CARE with a deep commitment to the health of the communities of southeastern Massachusetts. He earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy and Biology/Pre-Med Studies at Wheaton College in Illinois, a Diploma in Nursing at New England Baptist School of Nursing, and a Master of Science in Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth.
Mr. Brown was already an experienced Emergency Department/Urgent Care nurse when he completed his training as a Nurse Practitioner in 2001. He then served on the Emergency Department staff at Charlton Memorial and St. Luke’s Hospitals, where he was the Chief Midlevel Provider, before joining Prima CARE in 2012. He has been one of the primary medical providers in the Ambulatory Care (Walk-in) Clinics at Prima CARE for over 10 years. He is Board-certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and in Advanced Wilderness Medicine Life Support. He is a member of the Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing. Mr. Brown has demonstrated his dedication to healthcare by volunteering in third-world countries with the Christian Medical and Dental Association and by serving as a clinical preceptor for nursing students interested in Emergency Medicine.
Mr. Brown sees walk-in patients in Prima CARE’s Somerset-Swansea Walk-in Clinic and refers patients to Saint Anne’s Hospital, when necessary.
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, IllinoisBachelor of Arts, Philosophy (Biology/Pre-Med)- 1991
- New England Baptist School of NursingDiploma, Nursing- 1994
- University of Massachusetts-DartmouthMaster of Science in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner- 2001
- BLS, ACLS, PCLS, Advanced Wilderness Medicine Life SupportAmerican Heart Association
- Emergency Room NurseCharlton Memorial, Good Samaritan, and St. Luke's Hospitals1997 - 2002
- Emergency Department Nurse PractitionerSt. Luke's Hospital, New Bedford2002 - 2012
- Emergency Department Nurse PractitionerCharlton Memorial Hospital2012 - Present
- Nurse Practitioner - Ambulatory CarePrima CARE2012 - Present
- Nurse PractitionerAmerican Association of Nurse Practitioners
Thank you for subscribing!
You will receive important news and updates from our practice directly to your inbox.