Click here to apply
Position: Diagnostic Sonographer-Cardiac Testing Department
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Medical Director and ECHO Coordinator and in accordance with the established criteria set forward by this department’s accreditation bodies, the Sonographer is qualified by professional credentialing and academic and clinical experience to provide diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. The scope of practice of the Sonographer includes these procedures and processes permitted by las, for which the individual has received education and clinical experience, has demonstrated competency, and has completed the appropriate ARDMS or CCI certification(s) which is standard of practice in ultrasound.
This medical professional is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. They are responsible for daily operations of the equipment, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessments (QA). The sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase the level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
Summary of Duties:
- Perform critical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information, and images.
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathological findings.
- Analyze sonograms, synthesize sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physicians.
- Coordinates work schedule with Cardiac Testing Supervisor and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of the patients while they are in the sonographer’s care.
- Assist with the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory.
- Maintains a daily log of patients seen and facilities exam billing data.
- Participates in the maintain ace of department accreditation.
- Address patient concerns and questions.
- Perform Echocardiogram by following the Prima CARE, PC extensive protocol per IAC requirements.
- Assess the need for 3D acquisition.
- Assess the need for contrast enhancement injection and providing a safe environment for usage.
- Prepares preliminary reports on each patient.
- Contacts the reading physician of any emergent findings or major changes from prior studies.
- Check out the patients in Ecw.
- Coordinates with support/clerical staff to assure appropriate care is provided.
- Addresses problems of patients care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the problems.
- Provides in-service education team on requirements of sonographic procedures as requested by other members of the healthcare team.
- Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good reports with all interrelating hospitals, referrals, or commercial agencies.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- The sonographer has successfully completed education from accrediting training institution as a Registered Sonographer.
- Has competence in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and successful completion of an AHA-sponsored course in BLS.
- Has a minimum of five years of experience in a similar critical environment.
- Has demonstrated experience with basic Microsoft and EMR software.
- Can multitask and prioritize work daily.
- They are certified by American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in their specialty and are currently in compliance with the Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior, and partnership.