Position:PACS Administrator – Diagnostic Services
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
Prima CARE is looking for a knowledgeable PACS Administrator who would be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of our imaging systems and providing technical support to our radiology staff and other healthcare professionals. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of PACS, DICOM, RIS, and other imaging-related technologies, as well as experience in networking, server administration, and database management. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are also essential.
Essential functions and duties include:
- Manages and maintains PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) and associated systems, including DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) and RIS (Radiology Information System)
- Implements and maintains system security, backups, and disaster recovery plans
- Provides technical support to radiology staff and other healthcare professionals
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, including HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Manages vendor relationships and contracts related to PACS and imaging systems
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures related to PACS and imaging systems
- Trains new users and provide ongoing training and support to existing users
- Performs system upgrades and patches as needed
- Monitors system performance and troubleshoot as issues arise
- Directs and supervises radiology personnel and activities on PACS, RIS and DICOM applications.
- Assures PACS and related applications operate within established budgetary guidelines.
- Makes effective recommendations to Director of Diagnostic Services regarding new equipment, programs, services etc., to affect the continuing improvement and efficiency.
- Responsible for researching, developing and promoting of various new PACS applications for future expansion and planning.
- Serves as a liaison between the providers, office managers and other applicable divisions in the areas of problem solving, remedying of errors and discrepancies, informational requests related to RIS and PACS.
- Develops, implements, and maintains positive working relationships and appropriate interactions with Physicians, various external agencies and personnel, various community organizations and services within the community in identifying and addressing various issues.
- Assume responsibility for carrying out variety of education programs related to PACS training and participated in a variety of educational programs within scope of position responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- The qualified candidate for this position has 5-7 years’ experience as a PACS Administrator department.
- Skills include hands on experience with RIS/PACS information software, creating workflow designs, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications used for technical/business presentation, managing proficiency, equipment maintenance, training and analyzing data.
- Require a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant area and have excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills with an ability to respond to clinical challenges.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrates an ability to interact as a team-builder with a wide variety of individuals from diverse disciplines, cultures and experiences.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima CARE, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima CARE has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.