Position: Medical Assistant – Rheumatology
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
Prima CARE, P.C. is seeking a Medical Assistant for a busy Rheumatology office. The Medical Assistant will perform clinical duties under the direction of a physician/office manager.
The ability to multi-task and prioritize is important. Clinical duties may include escorting patients to rooms, assisting physicians with procedures, restocking rooms, assisting support staff and maintaining medical records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interaction with patients (vital signs, medication reconciliation)
- Prepare treatment rooms for patients (cleaning, organizing, restocking, inventory)
- Assist physician in examination and treatment of patients as needed
- Prepare prior authorizations for medications
- Perform general office duties (phone calls to patient/providers, faxing, completing insurance forms
- Assisting front office staff with checking patient's in and out as needed
- Handles fax-in box
- Assisting with scheduling Infusion appointments for patients
- Follow up on orders to completion
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- Training and certification as a medical assistant from an accredited program are required
- Prior experience in a medical practice is preferred
- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, and experience is helpful for this position
- Knowledge of electronic medical records is helpful, preferably eClincal Works
- Portuguese or Spanish speaking is preferred, but not required
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.