Position: EMR Help Desk Coordinator – Central Administration
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full - Time
Prima CARE, P.C. is searching for an EMR Help Desk Coordinator to interact with providers, staff and patients over the phone. They play an integral role in shaping first impression regarding the Electronic Medical Record team. This member of the team is responsible for a variety of activities including coordination of telephone calls while routing and screening them as needed. They will respond to patient’s request for patient portal access and will create work orders for members of the Electronic Medical Record team.
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for adding and maintaining referring provider files
- Providing training materials for employees
- Answering and assigning telephone calls to responsible Electronic Medical Record Team members
- Help patients access the patient portal
- Add and update information into the Electronic Medical Record
- Maintain reconciliation tab in the Electronic Medical Record
- Create letters and upload into the Electronic Medical Record for providers and staff to use
- Verify information for providers in the Website Merit-Based incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Verify and update National Drug Code (NDC) and vaccine lot numbers
- Scan documents into electronic records system and certify HIPAA compliance
- Create spreadsheets for quality measures
- Assists with projects as needed
- Receives and reviews material sent to office
- Scan documents as needed into the electronic medical record Electronic Medical Record
- Receives patient complaints and creates formal documentation
- Assists Electronic Medical Record Team Members with duties as necessary as time permits
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- The education level requires a minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Additionally, the candidate has equivalent combination experience. 2+ Years Ticketing System Experience, 2 + Years Technical Support, 2+ Years Customer Service Support
- This qualified person has an ability to work independently, be organized and detail-oriented, while being proficient at Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to multi-task.
- Related experience and/or training in a medical office with preferred experience in using an Electronic Medical Record (eCW preferred).
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.