Click here to apply
Position: Director of Radiology
Reports: Chief Operating Officer
The director is responsible for overseeing the Radiology Department which includes its leadership, clinical and operational personnel that perform clinical services and patient care. The director functions as leader who guides the department with clinical protocols, clinical testing, department policy, regulatory guidelines, RIS/PACS, EMR workflow and new business development while collaborating with other directors of the diagnostic division and Chief Medical Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise radiology personnel and activities at various off-site locations while working through and in cooperation with other supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for overseeing the orientation and training of all department personnel, including employee hiring, performance evaluations, merit increases, promotion, separation, transfer, discipline and other similar personnel action recommendations.
- Counsels employees with employee grievances and disciplinary plans.
- Assures all services operate within budgetary efficiency.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budgets.
- Offers recommendations to Senior Leadership regarding equipment, clinical space and service growth.
- Responsible for researching, developing and promoting new services.
- Oversees patient care and equipment safety and maintenance as required by local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ongoingly identifies opportunities for clinical improvement within the department.
- Assumes responsibility for performing a wide variety of duties pertaining to capital purchases but NOT limited to: placing of routine orders, selection of vendors, negotiating and pricing.
- Utilizes clinical/operational dashboards to monitor department quality and financial performance.
- Supervisors Team Leader to take necessary measures in response to changes in the department.
- Serves as a liaison between department and practice providers, office managers and other divisions in company with a concentration on conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a positive working relationship with providers, external agencies and community organizations within the community.
- Assume responsibility for carrying out a variety of educational programs for all affiliating students within the department working through and in cooperation with applicable department personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
The qualified candidate has 7 years’ experience in department management with ongoing business/clinical skills that include hands on clinical experience. They have experience with RIS/PACS information software and creating department workflow designs.
They have excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills with an ability to respond to clinical challenges and represent the department in various radiology settings. This candidate has extensive experience with team-building.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.