Allergy & Immunology
Prima CARE, P.C. is pleased to announce the opening of its Division of Allergy & Immunology under the directorship of Dr. Joseph Zhou. Dr. Zhou brings expertise in diagnosing and treating allergy patients of all ages. Utilizing the most up-to-date evidence-based medicine, Dr. Zhou offers specialty consultation, targeted testing, and customized treatment plans based on the specific needs of his patients. Dr. Zhou and the Allergy Division are conveniently located in Building 1, Suite 309B, on the main Prima CARE campus.
Allergic reactions and allergy-related diseases can occur at all ages, and can be sometimes be underdiagnosed. Symptoms may range from the sudden onset of hives or swelling, to nausea/vomiting/diarrhea shortly after consumption of a specific food or medication, to sneezing, runny nose, watery/red itching eyes after exposure to pollen, dust, mold, or animal dander. Allergic reactions can also occur without clear trigger(s). An estimated 60 million Americans suffer from allergies on a daily basis. Appropriate allergy evaluation and individualized focused therapy are the mission of Dr. Zhou and Prima CARE's Allergy & Immunology Division .
Dr. Zhou is available to see patients of all ages for comprehensive allergy evaluation and the following procedures for testing and treatment:
- Environmental allergy evaluation
- Skin prick and intradermal skin testing
- ImmunoCAP® blood testing
- Mold allergy evaluation
- Environmental allergy immunotherapy (desensitization)
- Conventional immunotherapy [maintenance in 6-7 months]
- Cluster (rapid) immunotherapy [maintenance in 4-6 weeks]
- Sublingual Immunotherapy Allergy Treatment (SLIT, or "Allergy drops")
- Food allergy evaluation and treatment
- Skin prick testing
- ImmunoCAP® blood testing [includes component food IgE testing]
- Oral food challenge
- Sublingual peanut allergy immunotherapy
- Bee sting allergy evaluation and treatment
- Skin and blood testing
- Bee allergy immunotherapy [desensitization]
- Chemical and metal allergy evaluation and treatment
- Skin patch testing
- Drug allergy evaluation (Penicillin, local anesthetics, other antibiotics or drugs)
- Aspirin allergy evaluation and desensitization
Prima CARE's Allergy Center in Building 1 houses both Dr. Zhou's allergy practice and Allgenic, Prima CARE's partner for skin testing and environmental allergy desensitization therapy for appropriate individuals.
For more information about Joseph Zhou, MD, PhD, click here.
To make an appointment with Dr. Joseph Zhou, call the Prima CARE Allergy Center at (774) 357-5748.
Allergy News: "Egg allergy should not prevent influenza immunization" Reuters Health News, December, 2017
At Prima CARE, our focus is the patient. We are by your side and on your side wherever you need healthcare, whether in the office, the hospital, the nursing home, the Ambulatory Care Clinic or at home where we make housecalls to home-bound patients. Our goal is the delivery of evidence-based medical care of the highest quality. Prima CARE is committed to the doctor/patient relationship through humanism, communication, empathy, compassion and respect, all joined together by trust.