Click here to apply
Position: Ultrasound Technologist
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Part -Time / Per Diem
Prima CARE, P.C. in Fall River, MA, is seeking a part-time/per diem Ultrasound Technologist. The ideal candidate will be able to perform ultrasonic diagnostic procedures according to accepted protocols and maintain the ultrasound lab equipment and examination rooms.
- Conduct ultrasonic diagnostic procedures following accepted protocols as outlined by physicians.
- Provide instructions to patients regarding procedures to ensure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Uphold prescribed safety standards in the operation of equipment.
- Maintain ultrasound lab equipment in an appropriate operating condition.
- Clean examination rooms and work areas and replenish ultrasound lab supplies as needed.
- Keep accurate department records, reports, and files as directed.
- Respect the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Collaborate as a team member within the ultrasound department and across other departments.
- Document work processes as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in operating ultrasound equipment.
- Capability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent multitasking skills.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management, and peers.
- Proficiency in using computer software for RIS, PACS, and EMR.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Diagnostic Ultrasound Technology program required.
- Certification/Licensure: RDMS certification in one or more of the following areas: Abdomen, GYN, vascular, breast.
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers.
- Experience: Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a sonographer.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.