Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
PrimaCare, P.C. is in need of an experienced Phlebotomist. The Phlebotomist will be responsible for drawing blood, tagging each sample and then working closely with the lab to make sure that the proper samples are delivered for each patient. The successful candidate will also deliver excellent patient service, answer patient questions, act as a resource for patient information and strengthen the relationship between the patient and our entire medical facility.
- Verify patient information
- Collect and tag specimens exactly as outlined in each medical requisition
- Develop effective collection techniques as they relate to groups such as pediatric and geriatric patients
- Properly package each specimen and ensure that every specimen is delivered to the laboratory on time
- Maintain an organized and clean work area based on state health laws and the guidelines of our medical organization
- Answer patient questions regarding collection techniques and offer additional resources on the collection process if requested by a patient
- Must possess a valid state phlebotomy certification
- Excellent patient service and patient relationship skills
- Excellent bedside manner
- Strong attention to detail
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.