Position: Medical Receptionist/Assistant
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Prima CARE is hiring a FLEXIBLE Medical Assistant who can also perform basic front office duties in a variety of settings within a large medical practice in Fall River, Massachusetts. This individual would "float" as needed to various Primary Care, specialty, or Walk-in practices, perhaps finding a suitable permanent full-time position in one of the offices in our organization.
Excellent patient care, efficiency, and quick learning are important qualities. Training and experience as a Medical Assistant are valuable, along with familiarity with the check-in/check-out process and other office duties.
- Comfort with a basic patient interview to obtain and confirm information.
- Recording history and medical information into an electronic medical record (eClinicalWorks).
- Preparing patients for examination by taking and recording vital signs, height and weight.
- Assisting a provider in the examination, cleaning, stocking, and preparing the room between patients.
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy team-based work environment. Ensuring the reception and waiting areas are clean.
- Greeting and registering patients, verifying patient and insurance information, and assisting patients in completing medical forms.
- Answering incoming phone calls, answering or referring inquiries appropriately.
- Scheduling appointments and collecting co-payments.
- Protecting patient confidentiality by being familiar with HIPAA rules and procedures.
- Training as a medical assistant is required. CMA preferred. Experience is desirable, but we can train and mentor.
- Professional attitude, working well with other staff members and supervisors, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, and common diagnoses.
- Familiarity with computers and electronic medical records.
- Knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures and some familiarity with healthcare insurance.
- Strong commitment to an excellent patient experience and customer service.
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish are particularly valuable in our community.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state–of–the–art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.