Position: Medical Personal Assistant & Medical Scribe
Location: Fall River, Ma
Job Type: Full Time
Prima CARE, a medical group in Fall River, Massachusetts, is recruiting a Medical Personal Assistant and Medical Scribe for our Pulmonary Medicine Chief. The Personal Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the schedule for the Chief of Pulmonary Medicine as well as serving as her Medical Scribe in the outpatient office setting and at Saint Anne’s Hospital.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinating the daily schedule of activities, administrative appointments, and clinical duties for the Chief of Pulmonary Medicine.
- Serving as a Medical Scribe for the Pulmonary Chief, taking notes and documenting in the outpatient and hospital electronic medical records during outpatient office visits and as part of inpatient hospital consultations.
Learning the office workflow and administrative demands of the Pulmonary Chief.
Communicating with physicians, Medical Assistants, patients, office staff, and administrators in a professional manner.
Responding to phone calls, texts, and e-mails, and accurately relaying information.
Understanding the use of eClinicalworks (outpatient electronic medical record [EMR]) and Meditech (inpatient EMR) to identify patients, retrieve specific medical information, and to create notes and orders, all under the supervision of the physician.
Full-time (40 hours) position, Monday-Friday. Duties outside of normal “business hours” can be negotiated with the supervising physician.
The Assistant will be an employee of Prima CARE, with benefits offered to full-time employees.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with medical terminology, basics of anatomy, physiology, medications, testing, medical therapies, procedures, and common side effects, or willingness to learn these items.
- Medical experience is desirable, but not required. This position is ideal for individuals with previous healthcare experience or those preparing for a career in healthcare.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work in situations involving medical emergencies and a busy schedule.
- Ability to focus, critically listen, and understand patient histories and complaints and accurately document this information.
- Ability to understand and accurately document elements of the physical exam, assessment, test results, and treatment plans as performed or dictated by the physician.
- Advanced computer skills, typing skills, and the ability to use or learn EMR use.
- Understanding and adherence to principles of patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Good bedside manner and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a collegial fashion with physicians, nurses, technologists, secretarial staff, and administrators.
Please send resumes to:
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.