Click here to apply
Position: Mammography Technologist
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Prima Care, P.C. has an opening for a full-time or part-time Mammography Technologist in the Diagnostic Center. Essential job functions include:
- Assumes responsibility for assigned patients.
- Assess patient and correlates clinical findings with exam request.
- Assess patient’s ability to undergo the procedure.
- Obtains pertinent data from patient’s chart and document all data.
- Recognizes change in patient’s physical and mental status and informs appropriate personnel
Performs Imaging Procedures:
- Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomical area of interest
- Selects appropriate imaging equipment
- Selects technical factors/parameters/sequences to procedure quality images
- Evaluates images for technical quality
- Modifies parameters to adjust for pathology
- Trouble shoots equipment when necessary and reports malfunctions
Other Clinical Functions:
- Performs a variety of tasks involving the operation of mammographic radiographic equipment and other equipment/devices as appropriate.
- Positions patients, using immobilization when necessary. Calculate exposure factors, assist physicians.
- Performs the quality control functions related to mammography.
- Evaluates radiographs for diagnostic quality obtaining additional images as needed.
- Prepares and set up medical supplies using aseptic techniques if appropriate. Explain procedures to patients.
- Develops mammographic views and will match with the appropriate paperwork for interpretation.
- Assists in maintenance and compilation of statistical data.
- Participates/Performs evaluation and follow-up to positive mammography findings.
- The Mammography Technologist has completed a formal program of study accredited by ARRT certification in radiography.
- The Mammography Technologist is FDA/MQSA qualified to include meeting the MQSA CE requirements of at least 15 CEUs in a 36-month period which must include at least 6 CEUs in each mammographic modality used.
- The Mammography Technologist is required to have a minimum of one year of clinical experience with Massachusetts R.T. licensure.
- Certification in CPR required.
- Performance of a minimum of 25 mammography exams under direct supervision of an appropriate MQSA qualified individual and 8 hours of training in using any modality (e.g., digital) before beginning to use that modality independently.
- The Mammography Technologist must be able to travel (move about) unassisted within medical enterprise in carrying out own position responsibilities.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
- The Mammography Technologist requires the ability to hear and/or see either with or without assistive devices.
- Must possess manual skills, finger dexterity, and some manipulative ability needed to carry out the job requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to others both verbally and in writing.
- Duties require overall light to moderate physical effort in lifting, positioning, transporting, and other related physical activities pertaining to patients, equipment, etc.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.