Position: CT/Diagnostic Imaging Technologist
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
Prima CARE, P.C. is looking for a full time CT/Diagnostic Imaging Technologist. PrimaCARE, P.C. is a large multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support diagnosis and treatment.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Performing CT procedures, including cardiac CT, at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Regulating the equipment used to expose the digital x-ray images, develops and documents PACS imaging. Operating equipment safely and maintaining A.L.A.R.A. standards while performing call types of procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments, and medical staff.
- Positioning patients for CT scans, including cardiac CT, using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
- Appropriately setting the controls of the related equipment, monitoring equipment and patient, adjusting as necessary.
- Assisting radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IVs, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Dispensing oral contrast to patients for CT scans, including cardiac CT.
- Evaluating CT scans for technical quality, collating processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately labeling.
- Scheduling patients for procedures and assisting with some clerical functions.
- Loading and operating power injections for contrast media administration.
- Maintaining accurate patient records for all procedures performed, maintaining patient confidentiality, and adhering to all HIPAA standards.
Requirements and Skills:
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic Technology.
- Ability to work with patients of all ages.
- Clinical experience performing CT scanning is documented
- Ability to perform CT procedures without constant supervision.
- Ability to assist with specialized procedures involving sterile techniques
- Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology Program
- Must hold a current State of Massachusetts License as a General Radiographer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) documented with the American Heart Association
- Continuing education hours are required every two years for license renewal
- Must have an associate degree
- Valid MA Radiologic Technologist license
- Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Must have a current BLS for healthcare provider
- Must have CPR or CPR/AED certification
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.