Position: Certified Hand Therapist
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full Time
Essential job functions include:
- Rehabilitate and treat patients who are recovering from burns, carpal tunnel syndrome, fractures, and tendonitis, hand surgery, hand trauma
- Maintain patient charts and update medical records
- Produce clear written information and HEP for patients to follow at home or when not with a therapist
- Ensure the patient understands and agrees to the treatment plan given
- Demonstrate the physical ability to carry out hand therapy evaluation/assessment/treatment for the individual needs of the patient, including manual therapy techniques, therapeutic handling and the use of specialist equipment
- Be personally responsible for all aspects of safety relating to equipment used
- Plan and undertake discharge of patients from Hand Therapy when agreed goals have been reached or treatment is no longer appropriate
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Graduate of Accredited Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy College/Program and Licensed to Practice as a CHT in the State of MA.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.