Click here to apply
Positon: Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Per Diem and Full Time Positions Available
Prima Care, P.C. has openings for Per Diem and Full Time Nuclear Medicine Technologists. The individual will work within the established guidelines set forth by the licenses granted to the laboratory and in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The duties will be performed under the direction of the Technical Director.
This position requires (but is not limited to) the ability and experience to perform all aspects of nuclear cardiology in a private practice with an in-depth knowledge of:
- NRC and State radiation safety rules and regulations
- Federal and State requirements as they pertain to an out-patient imaging laboratory
- Hot Lab duties
- Quality control of gamma cameras and other equipment
- Identification and assessment of patients
- Gated SPECT and planar imaging: acquisition, processing and archiving of patient studies
- Stress testing (exercise and pharmacologic)
- Quality Assurance
- HIPAA rules and regulations
- Ordering of supplies
- Safe and efficient use of space, organization, and cleanliness of areas
- Emergency procedures
- Assist in training of new technologists and physicians
- Other duties as directed by the Technical Director
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all duties in professional and courteous manner with active concern for patient’s welfare and privacy. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Perform hot lab duties: ordering, receiving, storage, administration and disposal of all radioactive materials in accordance with NRC and state rules and regulations etc.
- Perform quality control testing prior to clinical studies. Evaluate and determine the satisfactory performance of equipment with in manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications. Track and report problems to minimize downtime and rescheduling of patients.
- Identify and assess patients using established procedures. Give patients appropriate instructions and answer questions. Pre patients be placing IV’s, electrodes, etc. according to established protocols. Obtain appropriate consent when indicated.
- Perform imaging procedures in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Modify techniques as appropriate to patient conditions and situations so that optimum results are achieved.
- Process clinical studies in a timely fashion for prompt results reporting. Notify physicians of abnormal test results for appropriate follow-up.
- Assist in all aspects of stress testing. Monitor patient response to exercise and pharmacologic stress and provide emergency care when indicated. Monitor patients post-stress testing and advise appropriate staff of patient problems.
- Maintain appropriate databases and records according to regulations. Archive patient studies for future review. Make hard copies for patient’s medical chart, referring physicians, as appropriate.
- Participate in quality assurance activities; staff meetings, surveys, correlation with cath, echo, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in NRC and state inspections. Maintain accurate and current record-keeping for review.
- Advise Technical Director of all patient or equipment problems.
- Participate in continuing education activities to enhance performance and maintain licensure and certification.
- Perform other duties as needed and required to improve quality and patient satisfaction.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
Education Requirements and Experience:
- CNMT certified of ARRT(N) registered (must provide and maintain current certification documentation)
- BLS certified (must provide and maintain current certification documentation)
- Computer skills including: WORD, EXCEL, internet access
- IV Placement
- 3-5 years of clinical nuclear medicine experience with at least 1 year nuclear cardiology concentration or, 2 years clinical nuclear cardiology experience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Good health and physical stamina.
- Must be able to assist patients up onto and down from imaging table.
- Must be able to lift lead shielding devices.
- Required to be on feet throughout most of the workday.
- Out-patient health care setting where routine and emergency testing of patients is conducted through the use of injected radioactive materials. Technologists are exposed to radiation through their handling of radioactive material and by close proximity to radiation sources (which includes patients). Technologists may be exposed to biohazard materials: blood, swear, urine, feces, vomit in the performance of their clinical duties.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.