Click here to apply
Positon: Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full - Time
PrimaCARE, P.C. is looking to hire a Medical Laboratory Technician at its Fall River location. The position will report to the Laboratory Director. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as a technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- In chemistry provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing manual chemistries.
- In hematology provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment, and Routine Urinalysis.
- In serology provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as enzyme immunoassay, and other serological testing.
- Performs STAT and routine laboratory testing, which includes all necessary clerical and technical functions by following general and specific policies and procedures.
- Performs quality control procedures and evaluate Q.C. data.
- Participates in Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services mandated proficiency testing, annual competency assessment and educational requirements.
- Participates in inventory management and optimal resource utilization.
- Assists in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Maintains quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes.
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nurse, or laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders.
- Associates of Science Degree with a minimum of one year general laboratory experience in medical laboratories
- Certified in ASCP as an MLT or as a CLS with NCA Certification preferred
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off