Click here to apply
Position: Front Office Manager (Radiology Department)
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full Time
The manager oversees all radiology front office activities and provides support for a multi-faceted office. They are responsible for offering excellent patient/employee relations, interpreting policy, and exercising independent judgment in the resolution of operational challenges, while interacting with patients and provider offices with regard to patient registration and serving as a resource in the staff.
This person is responsible for the monitoring of department staffing, employee performance, orientation, and ongoing education. They monitor operation in the department daily by identifying inefficiencies and finds ways to organize daily functions. They continually support the Diagnostic Service mission with a positive and constructive demeanor, while demonstrating compassion and a commitment to satisfying patient and provider needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for hiring, training, and orientation of staff.
- Ensures effective daily staffing in accordance with overtime and employment policies and productivity.
- Monitors performance, teamwork, and customer service; mentors and coaches’ staff as appropriate for performance improvement.
- Provides effective communication through regular staff meetings, ongoing education and training, as well as an effective relationship with Manager of Radiology for continuous administrative front office improvement.
- Processes written orders to ensure proper documentation received.
- Develops and provides practical instruction, in-service, and continuing education for personnel.
- Participates in the implementation, monitoring, and improvement of department quality indicators.
- Interacts and communicates with providers, their office staff, and other health care professionals to facilitate department operations.
- Responsible for overseeing patient check-in (i.e. insurance verification) appointment verification for all scheduled visits that include medical record updating (insurance card / billing demographics) in medical record.
- Oversees the retrieval reports dictation in radiology (hard copy) medical record and faxes reports to providers.
- Responsible for overseeing patient registration registers and scans insurance cards and assists patients with forms when they are walk-ins and researches/retrieval of prior reports from outside providers and or facilities.
- Oversees surveillance of the waiting room for patient safety and comfort needs.
- Manages workflow for wet reads and calling ordering physicians regarding completion of the wet read.
- Oversees staff’s contact with ordering physician’s and/or responsible for physician’s office for all abnormal findings requested by the radiologist using Tiger Text, answering service or cell phone.
- Oversees department needs which include burning CD disc and preparing for mail delivery to the requesting office.
- Oversees for checks and balances to confirm that all studies in RIS create a report in eCW with the correct examination title. Notify radiologist of addenda that need to be created.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
- Paid Time Off
Requirements and Skills:
- Three years of experience in a medical office environment required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Computer and proofreading skills required.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Previous lead role experience preferred.
- High School diploma with an Associate’s Degree in business or five years’ experience in a leadership position preferred.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi-specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state-of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk-In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.